Privacy & Cookie Policies
- Who we are and how to contact us
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of information we collect
- Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
- Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Sharing your information
- Business Administration and Legal Compliance
- How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
- Third party links and services
- How long do we keep your personal information for?
- Confidentiality and security of your personal information
- How to access your information and your other rights
Who we are and how to contact us
The Sites (Store, Website and App), are operated by BaiGapi.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person when you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible user experience.
The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest exciting Selfridges news.
Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At BaiGapi we like to get to know our customers – after all, this is how we find new ways to provide you with an extraordinary experience. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing the services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting BaiGapi news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) either in store or online, of a product or service, BaiGapi will have PECR compliant permission to send you email marketing. We will only send you emails to market BaiGapi products and services.
You will be able to say no to receive these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
Sharing your information
We use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); email marketing campaigns; online advertising, customer analytics, events; booking of appointments, fulfillment of orders, delivery, returns, refunds, IT services; etc. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal information and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
Business Administration and Legal Compliance
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside BaiGapi.
How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe.
Our website, app (if available) and emails contain certain cookies, pixels, records and other technologies of which you should be aware.
Third Party Links and services
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your personal information as required to comply with any legislation. We only retain information for as long as it is required.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Cookies are very small text documents or pieces of software code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website or use a mobile application, a computer asks your PC or mobile device for permission to store this file on your computer or mobile device and access information from it. Information gathered through Cookies include the date and time of visits and how you are using the website or mobile application.
Cookies are used by us and our third party partners as part of our Sites. Details of the Cookies used on our Sites and any applicable third party partner are set out in the table below.
For more details on Cookies please visit All about Cookies.
You can consent to, or block the use of, specific Cookies by activating the relevant settings in your browser or by following the links below.
For more information on Cookie management and blocking Cookies for a wide variety of browsers, please visit All about Cookies.
What happens when you do not consent to cookies and or you choose to block cookies that you have previously accepted?
In order to use some parts of our Sites you will need to consent to Cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of our Sites may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of Sites.
What cookies do we use?
The list below sets out more information about the individual Cookies used on our Sites and the purposes for which they are used:
- We use this Cookie to determine whether or not your web browser supports some of the features that make our checkout process quicker and easier to complete.
Type: Strictly Necessary
- This is an A/B testing tool that allows us to serve different content to our users. We use the data to identify the best experience for our customers, helping us to improve and optimise our Sites for future visitors. All cookie data is anonymous and we’ll never share it with any third parties.
- These cookies help us make the most of the money we spend on advertising. Google Analytics uses these cookies to discover when you first visited our site, how often you come back and how long you spend shopping. The information stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Selfridges and Google and never shows any confidential information.
Third Party Websites & Search Engines
- Sometimes we may advertise on third party websites or search engines (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc) and tags are used to help us and our advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and the data taken is not confidential or interchangeable.